<"center">
Bubblegum smiles.

This is Me

Marrissa.MARS
CHIJ TP 09'
VJC 11'
LOVE GOD FAMILY FRIENDS
ADDICTED TO COFFEE AND MILK
Liverpool-TORRES FTW




blah blah blah


  • C-box.
  • Shout-mix
  • Ha-lo-scan
  • Yum-yum
    ✏ title: a dream is a wish your heart makes
    Posted on : Thursday, May 10, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

    When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. After rejection from some UK schools, my morale was at an all-time low. I guess I believed that I was a deserving candidate, and that even with screwing up my LNAT, my results and accomplishments would speak for themselves. So since then, I took a huge bite of the humble pie and began to cherish anything that comes my way.

    Going for numerous interviews and tests, I had to keep reminding myself that this was all for my dream. And when my friends got news of their uni placings, it was hard to be in a position of such uncertainty and agitation. Why couldn't i have loved to study econs instead? or some other subject that didn't require so much effort. But I knew, that law is it for me. I can't describe just how much I am in love with the subject. Law news excite me, and books on philosophy and law leave me intrigued. It's like I could do this for the rest of my life. And maybe one day, if I ever do get jaded, i'll pursue plan B - to be a wedding planner. This is all assuming that I am financially comfortable haha. But anyway, back to the topic.

    And then after one very bad day of stomach cramps which led me to actually leave work because of the pain ( I found out that I'm anemic during my thing thing, so I have finally reached enlightenment on why I feel like fainting and get really weak during the time of the month sigh), I found out that I had gotten into Yale-NUS. I was really shocked. I didn't think my interview was that great? I mean, I did manage to talk about a range of things, but I didn't get a good feeling about it. And the acceptance letter was wonderfully written. But still, I refused to let myself get too happy, because I was almost scared that I if I got too happy, something bad may happen (worse case being no NUS Law for me). So I didn't let myself bask in it and just sorta kept it to the back of my head. And then, i got into SMU law. My parents kept telling me that I would definitely get in, but after the shock I got from the UK schools, I never believed them. The reality of life is that it is competitive, and sometimes, your good may not be good enough. So with that in mind, I tried my best in the interview, and lo and behold, I got in. I was really grateful though, for this made me realise that no matter what, I would be a lawyer - and that feeling was wonderful. Tears welled up in my eyes because i thought of the many people who had wanted to be in my position but circumstances disallowed it. I thought of my friends who desperately wanted to get a place at SMU law, but didn't get it. I knew, that though this may not be my ideal choice of school, it presented me with a choice - which I will be eternally grateful for.

    And on 8 May 2012, at exactly 7pm, I found out that I had gotten into my dream school. NUS LAW. Before checking, when i found out that the results were out, I was beyond nervous. I felt like fainting while I waited for the bus and almost didn't want to go home and find out. But I said a prayer and a rosary, sucked it up and went home. Before I opened the portal, my mum was next to me and my dad was on skype. Though they presented themselves to be calm, I knew my mother was worried. Because she knew, that if I didn't get in, I would be crushed. And I guess, she feared how she would be able to deal with that. And more importantly, how I would deal with the rejection (yes, I immensely fear rejection).

    But, praise the Lord, I got a place in NUS Law. I'm secretly happy that I didn't get my double degree hehehehe because this would mean that I would actually have a life. haha, I guess God knew that ^^. I was overjoyed and still am. So eternally grateful for a chance to pursue my dreams at a wonderful school. I told all my close friends and people who had supported me. Not to boast, but to thank them. For I knew, that i would not have gotten anywhere without them. Seeing the tears in my mother's eyes as she hugged me, and my grandparents cry in joy over the telephone, warmed my heart. I knew that I owed it all to them for their prayers, love, and endless belief in me. It still seems so surreal. At random moments, I would burst into a gleeful smile. When I went for the USP interview today, the interviewer told me, before I left the room, that it's really great that I got into NUS Law. It just made it even more real and the reality that most people who applied did not get it, hit me once again. I will work hard for them, especially for the friends I love who did not get a place. And as weeshan says, now that we've got this chance, we've got to make the most of it.

    So here's my promise and a thank you. A promise that to thank you, I will work and put in my very best in NUS law, and continue to do my very best. This one's for the people who never stopped believing in me, and especially, for the angels that are my parents. I love you all.


    there's no need to rush

    Put your links here.

    MAO JESS COURT LIZZI CELLY JIA seven eight nine ten


    THX

    Designer: everlastingroses!
    Icons : chasethedrug/x_empty