This is Me
Marrissa.MARS
CHIJ TP 09'
VJC 11'
LOVE GOD FAMILY FRIENDS
ADDICTED TO COFFEE AND MILK
Liverpool-TORRES FTW
blah blah blah
✏ title : perpectives.
Posted on : Friday, January 24, 2014 @ 7:23 PM
Yesterday was an experience for me. The disappointment of not getting exchange ripped my heart out of my chest, i've hardly felt such pain in my life. pain and some sort of shame as well. As I was losing faith and just questioning everything, God reminded me that there are 3 angels in my life who will lift me up when I am down, and who will constantly believe in me. Thank you mum, dad and chrissy. And well, even my bro who showed me through his joking comments, that well, life isn't always a bed of roses and sometimes, when you can't do anything about it, just laugh, pick yourself up and move on.
As for my parents. My wonderful, perfect, loving parents. I told Vic, Kitty, Hakim and Andrew this - 'I would rather have nothing but have my parents, than everything but not have them'. And it's true. I once told Aunty Julie that God gives His toughest battles to His strongest soldiers. Perhaps these trials in life are given to me because He knows that I CAN handle this, that I will emerge a victor of some sort. In that case, I'd rather this happen to me than to someone who has no one to remind them that they are capable of anything. My relationship with my parents is really indescribable. Happiness for me is hanging out with them, even just having tea at toastbox or sitting in the living room talking. That's what it is. I mean I even tell them when I am MILDLY attracted to a guy. MILDLY. What kind of child does that lol. well a child who has parents like mine. Parents who hold you as you cry, yes my military father held me as my tears wet his shirt, and then once you cool down, drag you out for dinner and talk sense into you in the car. About why you didn't get what you wanted, how this could actually be a good thing, put things into perspective and tell you that you are capable of so much more than you can imagine, and that they will always help you to achieve that. After shopping + dinner, they let me sleep in their room and that always works because their presence provides me with an incredible amount of comfort and love. When bad/sad things happen, I must always always remember to thank God for my parents. This relationship is so rare and beautiful, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you beyond belief mum and dad - the both of you are my world.
And then there's my 3rd angel, Chrissy. I don't know how many times I have called you sobbing and left you just about speechless as to what to say and how to handle me when I'm like that. But as always, you listen patiently to what I have to say(in between tears), and then you never discredit what I feel. Instead, you let me know that you understand, and that it does hurt, but that things will get better. And when you say it, I truly believe it. I know it didn't sound so much like it when I was still on the phone with you, but when the tears had stopped and I just had to deal, I thought back on what you said and in fact, I'm motivated to work harder to prove everyone wrong. Even though we're in different facs and I hardly see you (compared to most people who have best friends), I will always always cherish your presence in my life. You are such a pillar of support that never makes me feel bad for relying on. Thank you so so much Chrissy, haha I'm sorry for giving you shocks when I call you in tears, but hearing your voice really does comfort me. Thank you for always being there <3 div="">
Also, to the rest of my friends - especially May, Skoh, Hakim, Kitty, Lych, Prissy, Trish, Den, Xuek, Latang, Vic, Mon, Andrew etc - Thank you so much for your constant concern and love :') All of you tried so hard to cheer me up, even offering to come meet me and give me a call. I'm so thankful!! I've been truly blessed with awesome people around me.
I'm now going to be strong and mature about this. Life is full of disappointments, and character is shown through how one picks herself up when she's down, not how she rides her achievements. I will stand taller after this and never again will I allow opportunities to slip by me because I simply didn't work hard enough. (also am looking forward to the money I can now spend on travelling and shopping hehe ^^). Here's to never giving up.
3>