This is Me
Marrissa.MARS
CHIJ TP 09'
VJC 11'
LOVE GOD FAMILY FRIENDS
ADDICTED TO COFFEE AND MILK
Liverpool-TORRES FTW
blah blah blah
✏ title : Thankful part 2
Posted on : Thursday, January 22, 2015 @ 7:53 AM
As requested, lychee, here is your post.
I think I have been blessed with splendid friends. I guess for me, my different groups of friends are special to me sometimes for different things - for example, hanging out with rach and jess is always a welcome break where we are just frank and sometimes bitchy, hanging out with may makes me think about my life and my relationship with God, and etcetc. Then there are the friends who are constants. They are there for every change in season, for heartache and joy, for the roller coaster that life has all of us. I call them my inner circle. The group of people that I can talk openly to about anything and everything, whom I know wont judge me, but will continue to love me and yes lychee, people who also choose to love me. These people would be lych, chrissy, trishie, lissa, gen, yongs, vic, skoh, and also che-che lavinia. Anything and everything, I would go to such great lengths for these people, even I don't know what my limits are when it comes to them.
Some I have known for longer than others, some see me more often than others, but at the end of the day, they are all so very important to me. You see, they are the people who stay. They are the people who have continued to believe in me when I could not believe in myself, who see something in me that I cannot fully fathom. I am so so grateful, that i can turn to you guys, that you always spare the time to entertain my musings or comfort me when i cry or tell me a joke when thats really what I need after a tiring/tough day.
They say that as you enter your 20s, your circle of friends tightens. You will lose some people and some people will just fade from your life. I guess that I have accepted that, I have learnt this lesson harshly from experiences in the past. Sure I may be friendly and talkative and it seems like its so easy for me to make friends. How lucky. But its hard for me to keep them, because I put in so much effort into my friendships that every single one takes up room in my heart and my mind. So to these friends of mine, and my highly coveted inner circle (ha ha), thank you thank you thank you - for sticking it out with me, and for finding something in me to love.